We start from your needs and your goals. We have hardware and software for project and development support prior to mass production in the manufacture of prototypes and pre-production series.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
To respond effectively to your needs, ETMA has at your disposal a section for the manufacture of tools and equipment. We develop the tools that will be used in the manufacture of your parts, as well as assembly, inspection and sorting equipment, among others.
- Progressive tools for stamping for eccentric presses and quick presses (Bruderer)
- Forming tools (Bihler)
- Conforming tools
- Cold forging tools (double blow and multi slide)
- Transfer assembly machines
- Robotic assembly machine
- Optical sorting machines
- Torque controlled sorting machines
We manufacture precision turned parts to suit your needs, with diameters between 3 and 42 mm. We also have machining centres that allow the execution of auxiliary processes.
STAMPING AND AUTOMATIC FORMING
We manufacture tin stamped parts up to 3 mm thick and 400 mm wide. The production capacity of ETMA is ensured by the diversity and experience of over 75 years in stamping processes.
We work with progressive tools, semi-deep stamping, Bihler forming machines, precision quick presses.
COLD FORGING / SCREWS
For the manufacture of metal parts, screws and rivets, Etma has the capacity to work wires with a diameter between 1.5 and 12 mm in double blow and multi slide horizontal presses and in a variety of materials.
We can finish the forged parts in secondary operations by turning, transfer turning and milling in pallet changing centres.
Etma complements its range of transformation processes with new CNC machines for the three-dimensional forming of wire and tube, with the ability to form diameters between 2 and 16 mm.
We have systems and accessories that allow finishing the parts with bevelling, re-rounding, drilling, threading, stamping and welding operations in order to finish the formed parts.
In order to improve the mechanical properties of the parts, ETMA performs the following heat treatments:
Heat treatments with core and superficial hardening
- Hardening, Cementing, Carbonitriding
Heat treatments with release of tension and hardness correction
All treatments are carried out in a controlled atmosphere, thereby ensuring a class of resistance up to 12.9 and high superficial hardness.
In order to increase the corrosion resistance of the parts, the conductivity or to improve the appearance, ETMA is capable of performing the following surface treatments:
- Electrolytes with deposition of: zinc, zinc-nickel, nickel, copper, silver, tin.
- Chemicals for: phosphatising and oxidation.
- Dipping/Centrifuging: Lamellar zinc, top coats and sealants
- Dehydrogenation: performed in all parts of medium and high carbon
- Degreasing/ wash: in closed chamber with perchloroethylene fulfilling European standards
- Deburring/polishing with abrasives: ceramic and porcelain.
ASSEMBLY / WELDING
We offer a wide range of solutions for assembly/riveting/crimping and welding of components.
Resistance welding, spot welding, brazing and mechanical fastening systems (riveting).
Manual assembly, assembly on transfer machines, robotic assemblies
INSPECTION / SORTING
In order to keep up with the needs of the market, Etma has a department with equipment for universal and/or custom made automatic inspection, for full control, according to the client’s control and inspection plan.
The sorting operation is made according to the client’s requirements, but we highlight some of the processes used:
- Vision, appearance and form
- Visual or dimensional, with artificial vision cameras
- Dimensional with latest generation lasers
- Eddy currents for the detection of hardness and superficial defects
- Torque control
- Other processes