ETMA was present at the 2017 ICE CONFERENCE to present a case study developed by the company in the project management field. The conference took place on June 27, 28 and 29, on Madeira Island, in Portugal.
ICE Conference: 2017 edition
This year’s edition was about the engineering and technological challenges beyond 2020. The conference was attended by more than 300 researchers from 40 different nationalities.
This 3 days conference began with a plenary session, where renowned speakers debated the main topics of engineering, technology and innovation. The debate was followed by parallel sessions and workshops. There were 26 regular sessions, 27 special sessions and 23 workshops. In total 215 articles focused on this year theme were presented.
Some of the articles presented might even be indexed in renowned journals, having as main subjects the following research topics:
- Facilitators of Interoperability for Cyberphysical Manufacturing Systems;
- Digital Entrepreneurship: Creating and Developing Business in the Digital Age;
- New approaches to Engineering, Technology and Innovation in Product Lifecycle Management;
- Smart-Cities, Living-Labs and Open Innovation Ecosystems;
- Emerging Trends in New Product Development and Innovation Management;
- Product Lifecycle Management of Intelligent Products and Services Products.
The conference was also attended by the President of the Regional Government of Madeira, Miguel Albuquerque. The President emphasized the excellent lifestyle provided by Madeira Island, pointing out the companies and businesses advances in the last years. Finally, he appealed to researchers to invest in Madeira.
ETMA’s case study
The ETMA case study presentation had very positive feedback, emphasizing the importance of the collaboration of the universities with the industry. Recognizing it as a company that bets on research and the search for continuous improvement. The presentation of the ETMA case study allowed:
- make the work developed in project management in the context of the company known by the other researchers;
- Receive feedback and suggestions for improvement;
- Exchange ideas that can improve the practices of project management in the company.
This initiative is part of ETMA’s efforts to improve project management in order to be closer to the needs of its clients and to ensure their total satisfaction.
The ICE Conference is one of the world’s most important conferences on innovation and new technologies. The 2018 edition is already scheduled for June 17, 19 and 20 in Stuttgart, Germany.