This audit took place in the last December. The IATF:2016 will harmonize the different assessments and certification systems in the global automotive supply chain.
What is IATF 16949:2016?
It is the new standard for quality management in the automotive industry and it is replacing the current ISO/TS 16949:2009. It is not a standalone quality management standard as it needs compliance with the ISO 9011:2015 requirements.
IATF 16949:2016 PRINCIPLES
- Customer satisfaction orientation
- Continuous improvement
- Leadership & engagement of people
- Process approach
- Risk analysis approach
- Multidisciplinary approach
KEY BENEFITS OF IATF 16949
- Streamline processes and better manage costs: anticipation thanks to risk management approach will bring ETMA to a more mature level. Unexpected situation and related costs will be consequently significantly reduced.
- Safeguard our brand: IATF 16949 recognition remain compulsory for most automotive stakeholders. It shows also how ETMA is a mature organization against automotive industry stakes and demands.
- Manage risk and your supply chain: it shows our capacity to anticipate and to be prepared in front of unexpected situations. Applied on all the supply chain, Risk Management approach will bring more confidence to ETMA and an increased performance of our products and services.
- Flexibility in front of changes: flexibility and adaptability is what is expected from the automotive industry. Satisfying new standard requirements will bring evidence that ETMA is robust and mature in handling change management.